How to activate Do Not Disturb (DND) on Glo, MTN, 9mobile and Airtel
Are you tired of seeing messages from third-party services urging you to subscribe to this and that? You can now activate the “Do Not Disturb” feature, on your Glo, MTN, 9Mobile and Airtel lines.
Not too long ago 3rd party partners of the telecommunication companies in Nigeria started making use of deceptive strategies to get people to subscribe to their services.
Due to that many people have been lured into subscribing to one service or the other without realizing it; and in the end they’ll discover a constant reduction from their account balances.
Probably the Nigerian Communication Commissions (NCC) heard the complaint of the millions of subscribers in Nigeria and therefore made it mandatory that all the telecommunication companies allow the customers to choose not to be disturbed by activating the Do Not Disturb (DND) feature on their lines.
Activating do not disturb (DND) on Glo, MTN 9Mobile, & Airtel
Thanks to NCC, you now have the option to either activate full DND or partial DND. Full DND in the sense that you don’t want to receive any form of promotional messages or IVR at all. While partial DND allows you to deactivate some and leave some activated.
To get started, you need to decide whether you want the partial or full DND.
Note that all the networks in Nigeria make use of the same code (2442) to stop unsolicited messages and calls.
To Activate full DND SMS “STOP” to 2442.
If you’re interested in activating partial DND SMS “Help” to 2442.
Thereafter, you’ll receive a message containing all the categories of services on the network and the codes needed to stop receiving messages from them.
The message should like this:
- STOP: To stop all SMS and IVR messages.
- ALLOW: To receive all SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 1: To receive Banking / Insurance/ Financial Products SMS.
- SMS 2: To receive Real Estate SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 3: To receive Education SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 4: To receive Health SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 5: To receive Consumer goods & Automobiles SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 6: To receive Communication/Broadcasting/Entertainment/IT SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 7: To receive Tourism & Leisure SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 8: To receive Sport SMS and IVR messages.
- SMS 9: To receive Religion SMS and IVR messages.
- STATUS: To check the status of your DND.
In summary, if you’re interested in partial DND, you need to first of all send “STOP” to 2442; thereafter start activating the services you’re interested in one by one. It’s as easy as that.
Using of this services is totally free. You can deactivate and reactivate as often as you please. And don’t forget to help the elderly ones get it done. Those who are not so tech-savvy and as a result are still suffering from the indiscriminate reduction of credit third-party services inflict on subscribers.
Take note, however, that direct calls and messages from your service provider will not cease. Only third-party services will be affected by whatever DND settings you have in place.
That’s all about activating DND on Glo, MTN, Airtel & 9Mobile lines.
Connect with us on Facebook and YouTube so you won’t have to miss out on our most important updates.