WhatsApp Sparks the Privacy Debate, But Is That All There Is?
The world is not where she used to be, thanks to technology, with every passing year and technological advancement, though, there seems to be the monkey’s paw at play. Of course, we are getting a better quality of life – but what are we giving in return? Most of the time, that is the very privacy that we should be fighting to hold onto.
The constant attack on user privacy by the big tech firms has been going unnoticed for some time now. More user awareness on the topic has stirred up consciousness and these tech firms cannot do as they used to anymore.
But then, that does not mean some backhanded processes are not going on in the background.
WhatsApp Opens the Privacy Debate
- Signal and
- Threema, among others.
Other Ways to Protect Your Online Privacy
- Use safe browsers. Consider options like Tor, Mozilla Firefox, Brave browser, Chromium, etc.
- Download and install a VPN app to encrypt all of your internet data when online.
- Never connect to free/ public WiFi networks.
- Always choose secure and reliable passwords. Enable 2FA where possible.
- Monitor your accounts for breaches.