How to recover the Old Blogger User Interface / Legacy Dashboard in October 2020
Are you having difficulty using the new introduced user interface on blogger, and you are finding it hard to revert to the old legacy blogger? 9jaedublog is the right platform to set you up on getting back to the old blogger dashboard.
Blogger have announced to discontinue the old Interface in Blogger, but in some countries the interface already has been removed or the option to revert back to old Interface is no longer available. In this tutorial i will show you how to get into the old Blogger GUI even the option isn't available.
Recently, Blogger introduced a new clean interface designed for a streamlined blogging experience. While some Bloggers including me, are enjoying the new Blogger interface, some are not. If you have switched to the new Blogger interface and not yet comfortable with it, you can still switch back to the old Blogger dashboard. Below is a post from Ogbongeblog which 9jaedublog don't recommend users to make use of since its an outdated tutorial as Blogger as totally removed that function.
How To Get Started
- Log in to your blog at www.blogger.com or www.blogspot.com
- Look at the top-right corner and click on the “Blogger options” icon.
- You will see a drop-down list as seen in the picture below:
- Click on the “Old Blogger Interface” link.
- The page will be automatically refreshed and switched back to the old Blogger dashboard.
- That’s all.
I hope to talk more about this later.
Does that mean, Old Blogger interface is slowing being removed, this change has been experienced by some Bloggers only but many Bloggers need to revert back to old Blogger GUI because you know the BX-error codes that the new Interface issues us.
The New Interface is yet buggy and need many things need to be fixed but the Blogger support team don't seem to be interested or worried about these BX-error codes, these are mysterious codes which is a nightmare to every blogger. But if you don't get the option to remove it, then imagine how annoying it would be.
Users are issued BX-error codes at anytime and there's no specific activity for it to appear, whatever you do from editing post to changing your settings, people are being issued these Bx-errors in every section.
The only solution - The only solution that we have to avoid these Bx-error is to revert back to the old Template. But because some users are not even getting the option to revert back which was in the 'Gear' icon on top right corner of the Blogger Dashboard.
How to revert to the old legacy blogger dashboardThere is no function to go back to the old Legacy blogger dashboard, but 9jaedublog has found a more easier way to do that.
- Go to blogger.com or blogspot.com
- You will be logged in to the new blogger, but not to worry, just click on the address bar as seen in the image below:
- Locate your blogger ID, its numbers after the blogID= e.g https://www.blogger.com/blog/posts/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX where by XXXXXXXXXXXXXX string is your Blogger ID as seen in the image below.
- Do not mind the x-rated link in the above image, lol. Its not related to the post.
- Ok, copy the blog id in the link (xxxxxxxxxxxxx) and then paste in your notepad for later use.
- Now the main process of this which enables you to access the old blogger is via the url link. You might have lost it but 9jaedublog has giving you access back into the old blogger via the below link.
- Go to your browser and type the following or just copy and paste it in your address bar then replace the XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX with your userID you copied earlier and was saved in your notepad.
Yikes!!, don't mention, what are we friends for, just help us in sharing this with friends and if you found any error while setting this up, drop your comment below, we love interacting with you via the comment section.
Have a nice day and enjoy your old legacy blogger.