Richentblog.com.ng - No.1 Home for how to tech solutions

Gbadebo Richard, a student of the University of Ibadan died in a soap making factory. - Richentblog
Click here to advertise

Gbadebo Richard, a student of the University of Ibadan died in a soap making factory.



Gbadebo Richard, who is of age 21 and a student of the university of Ibadan died after falling into a soap-making machine on Monday at a factory owned by Henkel Nigeria Limited, makers of WAW  detergent and bar soap.

According to various reports, Richards, who was a 300 Level student of European Studies at UI, due to the closure of schools caused by COVID-19, he was on a holiday job at the factory located in Oluyole, Ibadan.

The Association of Faculty of Arts Students, UI, announced his death in a statement saying, "It is completely disheartening to announce the death of Mr Gbadebo Richard, a 300 level student of the Department of European Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Ibadan.


“Your fervor to become greater in life was cut short by your sudden death. Team Evolution uses this medium to sympathise with the family of our late AFASITE who was active, effective, and diligent in studies. We pray that God be with the family and wipe out similar occurrences."

Mr Gbadebo, who was an operator at Henkel Global Industries Ltd, was on  night duty when he mistakenly slipped into the machine that took his life.

The other workers were not aware until they saw blood coming out through the other side of the machine.

The father of Mr Gbadebo later got the corpse from the factory and buried the remaining part of the body on Wednesday

The incident got people talking bitterly  because some claimed to be former staff of Henkel complaining about the poor welfare and safety measures at the company.

Post a Comment

0 Comments